Acumen logo
India Aviation Industry Newsletter 3 May

India Aviation Industry Newsletter 3 May

AAI signs JV Agreement with State Government for development of a Greenfield airport in Nagchala

The Airports Authority of India (AAI) signed a Joint Venture Agreement with Government of Himachal Pradesh for development of a Greenfield airport in Nagchala, near Mandi District. The proposed airport will be developed through a Joint Venture Company Wherein Government of HP will hold 51% equity and remaining 49% per cent equity will be held by AAI. The airport shall have a unidirectional runway capable of handling Airbus A320 aircraft.

Delhi’s IGI airport is now world’s second busiest airport

Global travel data operator Official Airline Guide (OAG) in its latest data release, reported Delhi Airport has emerged as the world’s second busiest airport in March 2022, in terms of total seat capacity and frequency of domestic and international flights. The airport handled about 31.65 million domestic passengers and 5.49 million international traffic in CY 2021. It emerged as the top-most among all Indian airports in terms of handling domestic as well as international passenger traffic in CY 2020 and CY 2021.

India DGCA deregisters Air India’s last Boeing 747-400 aircraft

Last week India’s Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) deregistered the last four Boeing 747-400s still listed as assets in the fleet of Air India.  The regulator DGCA mentioned that if and when Air India wishes to use the aircrafts again for commercial flights, it will have to undergo a return to service program leading to their re-registration of the aircraft.

IndiGo Airlines ATR72 successfully conducted flight trials using GAGAN based LPV Approach Procedure at Kishangarh Airport

The Airports Authority of India (AAI) is pleased to announced that a Flight trial using GAGAN (GPS Aided GEO Augmented Navigation) based LPV Approach Procedures was successfully conducted at Kishangarh Airport, Rajasthan. The trial was performed by Indigo Airlines using an ATR72-600 aircraft on an Instrument Approach Procedure (IAP) with LPV minima of 250ft, using GAGAN Service with DGCA team on-board. The LPV (Localizer Performance with Vertical Guidance) permits aircraft guided approaches that are operationally nearly equivalent to Cat-I ILS, without the need for ground-based navigational infrastructure. The service relies on the availability of GPS and GAGAN Geo Stationary Satellites (GSAT-8, GSAT-10 and GSAT-15), launched by ISRO.

Trichy Airport undergoing works to enhance service offering

The Airports Authority of India announced it has undertaken the expansion of Trichy Airport which includes Construction of a New Integrated Passenger Terminal Building, a new Apron, Air Traffic Control (ATC) Tower, and upgradation of Air side facilities to cater the growing passenger traffic and reduce congestion during peak hours at the airport. The new terminal building being constructed at the cost of Rs. 951.28 Crores has been designed to process 2900 passengers during peak hours. Equipped with 48 check-in counters and 10 boarding bridges, the terminal will be an energy efficient building with sustainable features.

Acumen Aviation © 3 May 2022 All Rights Reserved.