13 May 2019
Acumen Aviation Job Posting - Sales Executive
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €28,000.00 to €36,000.00 / year
Do you believe you have what it takes to be an effective sales professional in the aviation sector? Would you describe yourself as being enthusiastic about your work and would others describe you as a self-starter with a can-do attitude? You will be required to sell directly to aircraft lease managers and leasing firms within a defined geographical territory. You will be responsible for the entire sales cycle along with supporting the customer experience and collecting information which will be important to further sales and support of this market.
To succeed you will need to be a driven, success-oriented, individual, able to work well as part of a team. You will be able show commitment and a strong desire to be part of a highly successful brand and key solutions provider in the aircraft lease management space. This Dublin-based role is an exciting opportunity to join Acumen’s sales team supporting some of the largest and most prestigious brands in the sector. The company is seeking someone to focus on driving both the growth of its specialised services together with its ground-breaking asset management software, SPARTA. You will seek out and respond to opportunities from small to mid-size aircraft leasing firms with quotes and web demonstrations of SPARTA, a cloud-based technology designed to manage the life cycle of assets within the client portfolio.
Acumen is a full service aircraft lease manager with a global platform. Established in 2009, it is headquartered in Ireland with offices in India, China and the USA.
Acumen offers a full range of services throughout the lifecycle of the aircraft including aircraft sourcing, asset valuations, pre-purchase inspections (physical and records), project management, lease management and re-marketing, fleet audits, aircraft trading and power plant management. Its customers include Aircraft Lessors, Airlines, Banks, Private Equity and Investors.
Key responsibilities / accountabilities
Desired personal specification
- Prospecting and cold calling activities to generate sales opportunities
- To manage existing customers within the territory and cross/up sell further Acumen services
- Maintain and monitor sales pipeline to ensure it is capable of delivering targeted results month on month
- Manage sales process through qualification, needs analysis, product demonstration, negotiation and close
- Close sales in best possible lead-time at best margin to help reduce sales cycle time
- Ensure quality profitable sales are secured
- Be proficient in demonstrating Acumen technologies including SPARTA and maintain a reasonable, functional and technical knowledge of the products and services
- Provide detailed information to Acumen’s technical team regarding any customer or technology issues
- Work with colleagues to ensure high quality of service is delivered
- Meet key personal KPIs
- Provide regular and accurate sales forecast information
- Maintain accurate up to date records of all customer details, dialog and sales opportunities in Acumen’s CRM system
- Develop a deep understanding of the aircraft leasing sector and how it works
Core skills / experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident and happy to spend time on the phone
- Confident presenting commercial and technical information
- Good listener, able to talk to people of multiple levels of seniority
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, able to prioritise
- Energetic and hardworking
- Self-motivated and persistent
- Selling skills
- Excellent telephone skill / manner
- Strong administrative, organisational and negotiation skills
- Good at building relationships
- Sound knowledge of computers and common computer software i.e. Microsoft Windows & Microsoft Office
- Neat and professional personal appearance
- Some sales experience would be advantageous
Acumen is committed to providing a high quality service to its clients between the normal working hours of 9.00am and 5.30pm from Monday to Friday.
It is expected the role holder will work outside those hours when the need arises to ensure that our clients are supported appropriately;
This role is based at the company’s Dublin office, but with on-site attendance at client sites as required, with regular travel in Europe including short periods away from home;
- Travel by train, plane or car
- Use of telephone and computer
- Sitting for extended periods of time
Senior Vice President – Business Development
The above job description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
to apply for this role.
(c ) 2019 Acumen Aviation