India Aviation Industry Newsletter
# #
# #
24 Oct 2022

India Aviation Industry Newsletter

Henry Donohoe joins Air India as Director of Safety, Security, and Quality

Henry Donohoe will start on November 7 as the new Head of Safety, Security, and Quality, according to an Air India announcement. Mr. Donohoe, an Irish national, began his career at Aer Lingus in 1978 and rose to the position of Chief Pilot before leading important divisions like Safety, Quality, Flight Operations, and Engineering. Henry held roles with Emirates Airlines and Norwegian Airlines and on the international safety stage, serving with both the IATA Safety Committee and Flight Safety Foundation Board of Governance. Air India CEO & MD Mr. Campbell Wilson said, “Even as we pursue our Vihaan.AI ambitions, including the tripling of our fleet, safe and secure operations remain Air India’s number-one priority. We are therefore delighted to welcome someone of Henry’s experience and calibre to the Air India family, and look forward to his contribution to our Safety, Security and Quality functions.”

IndiGo adds 8 new routes in an effort to improve domestic connectivity.

In their winter 2022 timetable, IndiGo has announced the addition of 8 additional flights on the Bhopal-Udaipur, Ahmedabad-Jammu, Ranchi-Bhubaneshwar, and Indore-Chandigarh routes. These new links would improve accessibility between the states, with the Bhopal-Udaipur flight being an RCS route. IndiGo Chief Strategy and Revenue Officer Mr. Sanjay Kumar said, “We are pleased to enhance connectivity and accessibility by introducing exclusive flights on new domestic routes between seven states. We will start direct flights between Bhopal and Udaipur under the UDAN scheme. Enhanced connectivity between the political and commercial capitals of these states will help bolster economic growth through increased trade opportunities and tourist footprint. We will strive to stay true to our promise of affordable fares, on-time performance, courteous and hassle-free service across our wide network.”

Singapore Airlines In Discussions With Tata On Vistara And Air India

Tata SIA Airlines Limited, which runs the Indian full-service airline known as Vistara, is owned by Singapore Airlines and has a 49% equity stake in the company. The Tata Group owns the remaining 51% of Vistara's shares. As part of its multi-hub strategy, SIA is currently in private talks with Tata to examine the possibility of a transaction involving the stock of Vistara and Air India Ltd, a Tata subsidiary. The conversations aim to strengthen the current alliance between SIA and Tata, and they might lead to the eventual combination of Vistara and Air India.

Vistara enhances Club Vistara experiences

The Vistara loyalty program Club Vistara (CV), announced an exciting opportunity for all Club Vistara members to live their dream lifestyle through Club Vistara Escapades. The campaign has been designed to offer CV members, across all tiers, exclusively curated getaways and immersive experiences along with a chance to share their adventures with the world. Vistara Chief Commercial Officer Mr Deepak Rajawat  said, “Club Vistara has redefined the boundaries of a frequent flyer program, with a more meaningful lifestyle offering that our customers have thoroughly enjoyed. Club Vistara Escapades is our way of encouraging our loyal customers to do more of what they love. We are delighted to invite Club Vistara members to participate in this unique program, which has been especially designed to provide extraordinary experiences that they will love sharing with the world along with us!”

Acumen Aviation © 24 October 2022 All Rights Reserved.

  • Asset Management
  • Aircraft
  • Acumen Aviation
  • Aviation