14 Jan 2019
China Aviation Industry Newsletter 14 January
Athens Airport becomes “China-ready” with dedicated app
Athens International Airport, in collaboration with Toorbee, has launched the first app in Greece exclusively for Chinese travellers. The new ‘AIΑ-Toorbee WeChat Miniapp’ offers Chinese travellers a user-friendly digital environment, in their own language, with Athens becoming one of the first ‘China-ready’ airports in Europe. WeChat is the main tool for almost all mobile users in China with over one billion active users per month.
BOC Aviation delivers second Airbus A320-200 aircraft to Saudi Arabian Airlines
BOC Aviation 17 December delivered the second of three Airbus A320-200 aircraft to Saudi Arabian Airlines. This aircraft is from the Company's existing order book. It will be operated by Saudia’s low cost subsidiary, flyadeal.
China Distributor Appointed for BRS Aerospace
BRS Aerospace, the leading whole aircraft rescue parachute system manufacturer in the world, named International Aviation Equipment & Investment Ltd., headquartered in Hong Kong, as a distributor for the Peoples Republic of China (PRC).
Changi and Chongqing form JV to manage Jiangbei Airport
Changi Airports International (CAI) and Chongqing Airport Group (CAGC) have established a joint venture (JV) to oversee the development of the non-aeronautical businesses management at the Jiangbei International Airport in China. Sino-Singapore Chongqing Airport Commercial Management has been formed as part of the Chongqing Connectivity Initiative (CCI). CAGC holds a 51% stake in the JV while CAI owns the remaining 49% stake.
China Eastern parent takes 7% stake in Juneyao Airlines
Flightglobal reported 9 January that Juneyao Airlines has completed the transfer of a 7% stake to China Eastern Airlines' parent company, China Eastern Air Holding. The investments are in-line with the Chinese government's push for more collaboration between state-owned corporations and private investors.
Acumen Aviation © 14 January 2019 All Rights Reserved.